At A Hundred Years, we focus on complex challenges that create positive social impact through design.
We’re looking for a highly organized design researcher to support our strategy and creative practices with meaningful, human-centered insights for our purpose-focused engagements.
Human-Centered Primary Research
- Conduct and prepare scripts for primary research activities.
- Naturally empathetic, curious and passionate about people.
- Synthesize findings and articulate insights for visually driven presentation decks.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- At home when creating presentation decks with narrative, clarity, and focus.
Business, Brand & Cultural Strategy
- Identify target audience/consumer/user/target markets with an eye towards functional and emotional needs and expectations, along with engagement opportunities and segmentation.
- Surface organizational strengths, weaknesses, aspirations, and culture.
- Understand an organization’s products, services, experiences and place in the market.
- Define comparable and competitive landscapes, emerging trends, and innovation opportunities.
Design Thinking & Creative Brainstorming
- Support ideation and design thinking workshops with your project team.
- Summarize, synthesize, and further the findings in those workshops for client deliverables.
- Suggest exercises and methods for workshop activities.
- 2-3 years of qualitative research experience.
- A familiarity with designing for humans in digital or physical environments.
- Comfortable presenting to clients and your team.
- An enthusiastic, imaginative demeanor and the ability to translate complex business goals into elegant insights, strategy, program, and product opportunities.